confused about what to eat?
need help with managing your diabetes?
our team of dietitians are here to help
Confused about what to eat? Our team of dietitians are here to help.
If you are confused about what to eat you are not alone. With so much conflicting information about nutrition currently in the media, it can be hard to sort fact from fiction. But despite what some so-called experts might tell us, there is no ‘quick fix’ and there is no one ‘diet’ that will be suited to everyone.
At NND our aim is to provide you with evidence-based nutrition advice which is tailored to your unique goals and circumstances. Forget ‘diets’ – they don’t work. Instead we will provide you with the information, education and support to make long-term sustainable changes to your eating and lifestyle habits. This means helping you to develop an eating plan which you can stick to forever. One that keeps you satisfied, where you enjoy what you are eating, and which fits in with your family and social life. Why? Because we know that this is the only thing that will help you to achieve long-term success.
We are a team of Accredited Practising Dietitians, each with expertise in different areas of nutrition. Whether it’s addressing a specific health problem, losing or gaining weight, dealing with disordered eating or just improving your general health and nutrition, we are here to help.
The NND team can help you with nutrition education and advice for:
- General nutrition and healthy eating
- Coeliac disease
- Diabetes (type 1, type 2 and gestational)
- Digestive disorders including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), heartburn and indigestion, constipation & diarrhoea
- Eating disorders
- Food intolerance including wheat, gluten and lactose intolerance, and low FODMAP diets
- Heart health including high cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure
- Insulin resistance and impaired glucose tolerance (pre-diabetes)
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding and pregnancy planning
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Vegetarian and Vegan Eating
- Weight gain
- Weight loss
- Women’s health including PMT and menopause
Need help with managing your diabetes? Our Credentialled Diabetes Educators are here to help
Whether you have type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes and whether you are newly-diagnosed or have had diabetes for a while and need an update, we can help you. Our two Credentialled Diabetes Educators (CDE’s), Dr Kate Marsh and Natasha Leader, are also Accredited Practising Dietitians so can help with all aspects of diabetes education.
Kate and Natasha have considerable experience in diabetes management and work closely with local GPs and endocrinologists to help you in managing your diabetes. They can help you with the following:
- Initial education around the management of diabetes for those who are newly diagnosed.
- The dietary management of all types of diabetes including the best type of eating plan for your needs and how to balance food with activity and medication/insulin.
- Exercise and diabetes including the best types of exercise and how to manage your diabetes around exercise.
- Self blood glucose monitoring including provision of a meter suited to your needs.
- Education on insulin administration for those starting insulin therapy.
- Insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring (CGMS)
- Registration for the NDSS, to enable you to access subsidised diabetes supplies
Do you have patients in need of expert nutrition or diabetes education and advice?
Northside Nutrition and Dietetics welcomes referrals from all medical practitioners and allied health practitioners who have patients they feel would benefit from the services of a dietitian or diabetes educator.
We now have over 500 medical practitioners who refer their patients to Northside Nutrition and Dietetics, including GP’s, endocrinologists, gastroenterologists and cardiologists. We also receive referrals from other health professionals, including exercise physiologisits, physiotherapists, psychologists, diabetes educators, podiatrists and speech pathologists.
At Northside Nutrition and Dietetics we believe in working closely with other health professionals to ensure optimal care of our clients. Medical Practitioners who refer patients to our practice will receive an initial Nutrition Care Plan for the patient and regular updates on their progress with us.
Patients can claim back a portion of their consultation fees through their private health fund and eligible DVA patients can be seen with a D904 referral from their medical practitioner. Our dietitians are also registered with the Health Insurance Commission to see patients with chronic conditions and/or complex health needs with a GP Management Plan and Team Care Arrangement who have an allied heath referral (items 10954 for dietitian and 10951 for diabetes education services). We don’t bulk bill so patients will have a gap to pay with these referrals. For further information about referring patients through DVA or Medicare, please contact us on 9415 4845.
You can download a referral form to use for your patients here.
If you have any questions or want more information on our practice, please contact us on 9415 4845 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.