Do you need help with managing your diabetes?
Our diabetes educators are here to help.
Whether you have type 1, type 2 or gestational diabetes and whether you are newly-diagnosed or have had diabetes for a while and need an update, we can help you. Our Credentialled Diabetes Educator (CDE), Dr Kate Marsh is also an Accredited Practising Dietitian so can help with all aspects of diabetes education.
Kate has over 20 years experience working in diabetes management and works closely with local GPs and endocrinologists to help you in managing your diabetes. She has also personally lived with type 1 diabetes since the age of 10. Kate can help you with the following:
- Initial education around the management of diabetes for those who are newly diagnosed.
- The dietary management of all types of diabetes including the best type of eating plan for your needs and how to balance food with activity and medication/insulin.
- Exercise and diabetes including the best types of exercise and how to manage your diabetes around exercise.
- Self blood glucose monitoring including provision of a meter suited to your needs.
- Education on insulin administration for those starting insulin therapy.
- Insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring (CGMS)
- Registration for the NDSS, to enable you to access subsidised diabetes supplies
For more information or to book at appointment go to Appointment Enquiry or call us on 9415 4845.